Have you ever had your car towed in the middle of a blizzard? I can now say that I have! Not only that, but we also have the priveledge of being able to say that we just had the most rediculous experience of our lives. We live on a "snow emergency" route, so we parked our car at the lot across the street... which had no signs that said anything about being towed. I peeked out the window at 6:30am this morning, and saw our car was still there, then when we went out at 7:30 to clean it off and dig it out, it was no longer there.
It took us a while to figure out who towed it. After a frustrating phone conversation with the extremely rude associate from the towing company, we were told that we had to pay $175 cash to get our car back. So, because the only car we had was towed, we had to walk to the bank, then walk to the towing company. This towing company was possibly the seediest establishment I've ever been in, with a greasy window through to the cashier, and a morbidly obese man drinking diet coke (what is it with fat people and diet soda?) who informed us that the price had now been raised to $220 cash, for a "storage fee." We argued with the man for about an hour to no avail. So we walked back to the bank, then back down, and got our car.
What is wrong with the world? Why do people feel like it's ok to take advantage of people for pretty much no reason?

Totally lame! I'm sorry that happened to you guys. Reminds me when Ryan's car got towed for no reason...by the police!
ReplyDeleteWhy would they make you pay more money because they were storing your car. That's pretty dum.
ReplyDeleteStinkbomb. Well I'm glad at least the towing place was within walking distance. Sars lady :(
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry Shana. Reminds me of what I hate about the east coast. When we moved to Washington I almost fell over when they offered to help me out with my groceries while I buckled the kids in. You find me a store like that near Philly!
ReplyDelete