Sunday, January 1, 2012

Getting Fatter 24 Weeks

My weight has always been a bit of an issue for me, so you can imagine this whole pregnancy thing has been interesting body-image wise.  The first 4 months I was puking my guts out, so I lost weight, and now at 24 weeks I'm only about 6-7 lbs over what I weighed at my first prenatal appointment.  I was happy that I have been staying on target and not gaining too much weight, that is until today... a middle-aged woman in our ward (not the fittest woman mind you) comes up to me and says "are you pregnant?  At first I thought you might have a medical condition because of your weight gain, but then I thought, oh, maybe she's pregnant" I responded as politely as possible and walked away crushed.  Poor Mike now has the job of putting me through hours of "you're beautiful" and "I love you just the way you are no matter what" therapy.

After months of nausea, headaches, and a multitude of strange (strange) pregnancy symptoms, I was happy to finally have a bump to show for it, but I guess it's not a "bump" but rather just a belly... sigh.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to get used to the fat comments that will be coming my way for the next 4 months.  April can't come soon enough.

I thought it might be nice to post a picture of the reason for the weight gain, little Eve, doing well and kicking up a storm, this ultrasound was taken a month ago.

4 comments:

  1. SHE'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give her a kiss from her aunt kelly and cousin ahmad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that people leave their brains behind on some days. Store it up for when you are a middle aged woman talking to young pregnant women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry people don't think before they speak. I had a lady aske me if I was pregnant when Isabelle was 3 months olds. I was pretty sad. Just remember you are beautiful and you will soon have the reason for all the stess in your arms. I can't wait to meet Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're beautiful and you're creating a little human. Let it roll off of you like water off a ducks back.

    ReplyDelete