As most of you know, baby Eve was born a week late Sunday morning at 9:39am after 14 hours of labor. I spent the early part of labor at home, and we met up with my mom and midwife around 2am. My water broke at 5am and there was meconium in the fluid so the midwife said we had to go to the hospital because it could mean the baby was in distress. So we all piled into the car and went to the hospital, which was not as pleasant as the birth center (lots of prodding and monitors and such) but it wasn't horrible. The only interventions I received were an IV (because I couldn't hold anything down) and some pitocin after birth. Mike, my mom and my midwife were all extremely helpful in getting me through the various stages of labor. The only time I got angry was when the baby was crowning and Mike looked down and saw it and had a huge smile on his face, I said "what are you smiling about, this is not pleasant!"
I guess we can't really call her little Eve because she was 9lbs 5oz 20.5 inches long, she's not going to fit in her newborn diapers for very long! About a half hour after birth I had a sad moment where they took Eve away to give her some formula because her glucose was low (hospital rules), and she was gone for a few hours :( They also made us stay 48 hours because I was gbs positive, and that wasn't terribly pleasant either (hospital food is rotten) We got home yesterday morning, and Mimi made us delicious food and watched Eve while we took a much needed nap!
Mike has been a total trooper, he's already such a good daddy, he says he loves to hold her because she's like a little heater and it's so relaxing, hahaha! We know that she loves to be in her little vibrating chair, sucking on her pointer finger, and that she gets angry when feeding doesn't go the way she would like it to, we look forward to getting to know all of her little quirks.
Right after birth, she looks so alert!
Daddy and Eve
My two favorite people
Look at her little face!
This morning (we had a rough night)





I love that little girl!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteShe is so pretty. I can't wait to see more pictures of her.
ReplyDeleteThe cutest baby ever!!! I can't wait to hold her. Waiting is sheer torture.
ReplyDelete